- We will continue to build an exceptional workplace consistent with our culture and purpose by:
- Engaging employees in workgroups and teams to develop and implement action plans for workplace excellence in response to our 2012 engagement survey
- Refining our benefits offering in support of employee well-being
- Continuing to enrich our learning offerings
- Our Employee Community Grant program will be active in all domestic locations in the U.S. and Canada, and teams at each site will begin to strengthen their relationships within their focus areas while also beginning to establish a method for measuring impact. Additional opportunities for employee engagement and skill development will be designed into the program.
- We will connect employees with volunteer opportunities that allow them to deepen their skills and/or apply their skills to the needs of the community.
- We will transition to a strategic product donation model that directly supports measurable outcomes for communities and the business.
Thriving People and Communities
When we opened our doors in 1981 as a small café in Waitsfield, Vermont, we set out to make great coffee. We have grown substantially since those early days, adding new brands, technology, employees, and operations. Throughout our growth, we have continued to articulate and reinforce our purpose: to create the ultimate coffee experience in every life we touch — from tree to cup — transforming the way the world understands business.
Our employees share GMCR’s common purpose and are motivated to help us achieve our goals. We focus on developing our people and engaging them in meaningful ways that go beyond their day-to-day jobs. We enable our colleagues to advance their careers and provide growth opportunities that benefit both the individual and GMCR as a whole. We cultivate an environment that encourages and supports giving back, and we engage many of our employees in doing so.
When our people thrive, our business thrives. And so do our communities.
GMCR has a deep and proud history of creating positive and sustainable change for communities and the environment in the places where we operate. We support local communities and nonprofits through grants, volunteerism, and product donation programs that are designed to benefit our communities, engage our employees, and strengthen our business.
This section highlights the ways that we support our people and the communities where we have operations within the U.S. and Canada. Please see the Resilient Supply Chain section for information about our activities that contribute to our supplier communities (e.g., at the farms that grow the raw ingredients for our beverages and at the manufacturing facilities that assemble our beverage brewers).