Customer Care: 800-545-2326
How to Apply for Green Mountain Coffee Roasters' Product Donations
Product donations are an important aspect of Green Mountain Coffee Roasters' ("GMCR") community involvement. Our Product Donations Program offers coffee to brew, giveaway packages for events, and items for raffles or auctions. If your organization meets the requirements listed below you can request a donation through our online GMCR Product Donations Application. We no longer accept email or phone requests for product donations.
NOTICE:With fundraising season in full swing, GMCR is experiencing a high volume of donation requests. Supporting all of the eligible organizations in our communities is important to us, and while we are working to fulfill your requests in a timely manner, we are experiencing delays. Please be assured that once you submit your application your request is in the system and—once it is processed—you will receive a confirmation email. Please take into consideration that shipments may take well over two weeks to arrive, and plan request dates accordingly.
Requirements for GMCR Product Donations:
- The organization must be US based. If your organization is based in Canada, you can request a Product Donation through the Canadian Product Donation process.
- The organization requesting the donation must be an IRS-qualified 501(c)(3) nonprofit or a public school with a valid NCES number. A private school that operates as a nonprofit may apply as a 501(c)(3) organization with a valid number. Religious organizations must obtain and provide their 501(c)(3) number. All applicants are required to provide a valid US Federal Tax ID number or 12-digit NCES number during the online application process.
- The donation request must be made at least two weeks prior to the desired shipment arrival date, but no earlier than three months ahead of that date.
- The donated product can only be used to support the primary mission of the organization. Please note that receipt of a product donation does not represent an endorsement or sponsorship of an organization or an event by GMCR and should not be communicated as such. An organization may only state publically that GMCR has made a product donation to that organization.
- The donated product cannot be resold.
- The organization has not received a donation during the current year. We only make one donation per organization per calendar year.
- A street shipping address is available. We cannot ship to a post office box.
Donation Product Offerings:
Our product donation options are designed to meet a range of outreach and fundraising needs for a variety of non-profit organizations. In order to be able to provide product donations to as many organizations as possible, we limit the size/quantity of each individual donation. To apply, go to the GMCR Product Donations Application page. If you have questions or problems with the system you can contact Corporate Donations.
Each qualifying organization can request one of the follow three types of donations:
Raffle or Auction Item: An auction item valued at approximately $25.00. Past items have included: gift baskets, coffee samplers and gift certificates. Donations vary based on availability. Due to the volume of requests we can no longer provide Keurig® brewers.
Giveaway Items: Coffee samples are good additions to conference packets/bags and can be used as speakers’ gifts. You will be able to select either 1.75 oz packages of pre-ground coffee that will brew a 10-cup pot of coffee in a home brewer (limit 500) or 10/12 oz. coffee bags (limit 50). The small bags can also be used to brew coffee in a home-style brewer at an event.
Coffee to serve at an event: We will provide ground coffee that can be used in auto-drip brewers. We will determine the type and amount of coffee to send based on the number of people you expect to serve at your event (limit is 500 people). We do not provide brewers—they are usually available via the event site or a local rental establishment.
To apply for a donation, go to the GMCR Product Donations Application.
If you have questions or problems with the application, email Corporate Donations.